(in each tablet):
Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP,
1 mg Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP,
5 mg Cough suppressant
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP,
15 mg Nasal decongestant
temporarily relieves · sneezing · itchy nose or throat · runny nose
· itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever · nasal and sinus congestion
· cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Do not use
· in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if the child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
· heart disease · high blood pressure · thyroid disease · diabetes · glaucoma
a breathing problem such as asthma or chronic bronchitis
cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) or chronic cough that lasts
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use
if the child is taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
· do not exceed recommended dosage · may cause marked drowsiness · sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
· excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
· nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs · symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occurs with a fever · cough persists for more than 7 days, comes back or occurs with a fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
· Let Softchews® tablet dissolve in mouth or chew Softchews® tablet before swallowing, whichever is preferred · take every 4 to 6 hours; not to exceed 4 doses in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
children 6 to under 12 years of age
children under 6 years of age
ask a doctor
· each Softchews® tablet contains:
sodium 5 mg
Phenylalanine, 17.6 mg
per Softchews® tablet
· contains no aspirin · store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
aspartame, carnauba wax, citric acid, crospovidone, D&C Red 27 aluminum lake, D&C Red 30 aluminum lake, ethylcellulose, FD&C Blue 2 aluminum lake, flavors, fractionated coconut oil, gum arabic, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, mono- and di-glycerides, oleic acid, polyethylene glycol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride, sorbitol, starch, sucrose, triethyl citrate
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
18 Softchews® Tablets
U.S. Pat. No. 5,178,878