Jarvis Island People - 1990
SOURCE: 1990 CIA WORLD FACTBOOK
Note: Millersville settlement on western side of island occasionally used
as a weather station from 1935 until World War II, when it was abandoned;
reoccupied in 1957 during the International Geophysical Year by scientists who
left in 1958; public entry is by special-use permit only and generally
restricted to scientists and educators
NOTE: The information regarding Jarvis Island on this page is re-published from the 1990 World Fact Book of the United States Central Intelligence Agency. No claims are made regarding the accuracy of Jarvis Island People 1990 information contained here. All suggestions for corrections of any errors about Jarvis Island People 1990 should be addressed to the CIA.